The Forgotten Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forgotten Guild

The homepage of TheForgotten Guild!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The evolution of the AT-AT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Number of posts : 220
Humor : There are 10 kinds of people, those that know binary and those that don't.
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Guild Members
Level:
The evolution of the AT-AT Left_bar_bleue47/100The evolution of the AT-AT Empty_bar_bleue  (47/100)

The evolution of the AT-AT Empty
PostSubject: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 am

http://gizmodo.com/368651/new-video-of-bigdog-quadruped-robot-is-so-stunning-its-spooky

That is just cool... The uses for this thing will be numerous.
Back to top Go down
Xelohsttar
Xelohsttar

Number of posts : 49
Humor : Without Me, it's just AWESO..........heehee.....
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Guild Members
Level:
The evolution of the AT-AT Left_bar_bleue42/100The evolution of the AT-AT Empty_bar_bleue  (42/100)

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:47 pm

that thing is crazy...it has better balance than i do!

But it looks freakin scary! imagine just walking along then suddenly seeing that thing out of nowhere! it looks really repulsive.......designers! ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Humor : There are 10 kinds of people, those that know binary and those that don't.

Guild Members
Level:
The evolution of the AT-AT Left_bar_bleue47/100The evolution of the AT-AT Empty_bar_bleue  (47/100)

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:56 pm

It is still being developed so it's physical appearance will change at the end I'm sure.

And lets face it, there would be no walking along and SUDDENLY seeing that thing... it sounds like it is using a chainsaw engine for a generator!!! Maybe the end model will use something quieter or silent. lol

I see it being the next step(no pun intended) in military bots and police. It can already carry 350lbs. Once they manage to get decent working energy based weapons working, it will be a great AT-AT! lol
Back to top Go down
Xelohsttar
Xelohsttar

Guild Members
Level:
The evolution of the AT-AT Left_bar_bleue42/100The evolution of the AT-AT Empty_bar_bleue  (42/100)

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:41 pm

350 lbs!

Man that thing is a monster!!!! Imagine if that thing got out of control.....Terminator 3 anyone?

But seriously, that's amazing. It'll really help militarily, and it could be an amazing scouting bot too! Man, we really are living in the future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Guild Members
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:20 pm

I see it being able to fulfill a lot of roles in the military. Support, recon, infiltration, bomb disposal, etc.

It will be difficult to attach much more than small arms(5.56mm NATO round, maybe 7.62 tops) before it starts getting knocked around by the recoil. MAYBE a shottie, but even that is pushing it.

If they gave it some wider feet, or something, it could possibly hold a SAW under full auto... but I don't know how accurate it would be. The best bet would be outfitting it with low recoil weapons or Metal Storm style system. Or big claws and a long tail with a poisonous tip!
Back to top Go down
Xelohsttar
Xelohsttar

Guild Members
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Then it'd be a scorpion if it had the stinger.......ooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaah.

low recoil? then what about instead of firearms, howabout like tools such as a firetorch, or a small saw or blade for closer quarters. Long range, this thing doesn't have the speed or mobility to really put up an evasive fight, but it seems like it'd have crazy endurance, strength, and obviously balance. It seems like it can take some damage, but really, it doesn't look like an all out combat machine, like a tank or anything, but it seems like a support machine for, like you said, recon, infiltration, and bomb disposal. Though firearms would be beneficial on this mech, i don't think those areas of specialty are conducive to a necessity to be armed to the teeth. But hey, i'm a 17 year old kid who's played too much Call of Duty 4, what do i know about real military stuff?
Back to top Go down
NightStrike
NightStrike

Number of posts : 60
Humor : dry and sacrastis :)
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Guild Members
Level:
The evolution of the AT-AT Left_bar_bleue50/100The evolution of the AT-AT Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:01 pm

if want it to do recon need to do something about the dam buzzing lol will hear it easy, then enemy has it

Last edited by NightStrike on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mastrgamr™
Admin
Admin
Mastrgamr™

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Guild Members
Level:
The evolution of the AT-AT Left_bar_bleue72/100The evolution of the AT-AT Empty_bar_bleue  (72/100)

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:27 pm

thats some kewl machine! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://theforgotten.darkbb.com
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Guild Members
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Ok.... The noise screws up to much for uses. But the bot would be better for indoor searches since it can travel over most objects. So stairs and the like wouldn't be a problem.

And speed??? Come on, you see the part where it was jumping like a goat? The future versions I'm sure will include an actual RUN mode which will make it far faster than any other bot on the field. Mixed with the agility and mobility, this thing could really be great for most everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of the AT-AT   The evolution of the AT-AT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The evolution of the AT-AT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Guild :: Media :: Other Media-
Jump to: