The Forgotten Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forgotten Guild

The homepage of TheForgotten Guild!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Never fear, I is here.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Number of posts : 220
Humor : There are 10 kinds of people, those that know binary and those that don't.
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Guild Members
Level:
Never fear, I is here. Left_bar_bleue47/100Never fear, I is here. Empty_bar_bleue  (47/100)

Never fear, I is here. Empty
PostSubject: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Lets see what true nerds can figure out the quote in the subject line. VERY obscure, but good none the less.

I kinda feel like I'm in an Gaming Anonymous group or something... "Hi, I'm Mark. I'm addicted to games. --- Hi Mark....." So here is my intro:

I am Mark, if you didn't figure that out yet. I've been into computers for almost 10 years now. The first computer I ever owned was an AT&T computer, with a blazing 75mhz processor, 1.1Gb hard drive, and HUGE 16Mb of RAM! Flying high with our Dot Matrix printer on Windows 3.1! oh yeah...

I'm a bit strange, being a big nerd... but I'm also a gear head. I work on cars and motorcycles whenever I can. Have a '07 ZZR600, thats my baby.

On to more important things. I go by the nick name of Vertigo_ in most games. However, I go by BladesOfShadows in Rappelz as my primary character. This will be my first MMORPG I've played, and my first guild obviously. I have been in an online community in Counter Strike. I was part of, and still am, EBA in CSS. So this guild so far hasn't been too large of a shift. It is still forming, but I'm sure it will go far.

I joined this guild for a couple of reasons. First, it was just starting up... Noticed a post for it on the Rappelz forums and watched it until I joined. I wanted to be apart of the guild to help make it grow and flourish. Also, the name was a big thing to me. Sounds stupid I know, however I actually started a "group" by the exact same name a long long time ago. So seeing the name really struck my interest. I'll leave it at this for now.
Back to top Go down
Mastrgamr™
Admin
Admin
Mastrgamr™

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Guild Members
Level:
Never fear, I is here. Left_bar_bleue72/100Never fear, I is here. Empty_bar_bleue  (72/100)

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:53 pm

lol you seem like an interesting addition to the guild. Welcome! I am not a big enough nerd to know what the quote means in your subject rabbit

P.S. You first computer makes me laugh just by reading it fcked up specs affraid lol
Back to top Go down
https://theforgotten.darkbb.com
sonaACID
sonaACID

Number of posts : 30
Humor : i'm not very funny =.=
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Guild Members
Level:
Never fear, I is here. Left_bar_bleue84/100Never fear, I is here. Empty_bar_bleue  (84/100)

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:29 pm

oooooooooh. a dedicated guild mate, i think this might be your final guild on this server, no? ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.acid.sinisterforums.com
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Humor : There are 10 kinds of people, those that know binary and those that don't.

Guild Members
Level:
Never fear, I is here. Left_bar_bleue47/100Never fear, I is here. Empty_bar_bleue  (47/100)

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:54 pm

First off... the quote is from the 1995 movie "Hackers", by Eugene "The Plague" Belford. It is a very good movie IMO, though entirely inaccurate of actual 'hacking'. Plus, the computer they druel over(Kate "Acid Burn" Libby (Angelina Jolie)) has specs that would make us all laugh and cry over. A blazing fast 28.8 modem is thought to be 1337!!!

Enough of that story. Yes, that perhaps was not our FIRST computer... but the first I think of. Before that, we had a Commodore 64... if you want to know how horrible that was, click the link.

I'll give a list of my computers. My last computer was an Alienware Area51 m9700. P4 3.2Ghz w/ 1mb L2 Cache, 1Gb DDR2, 120Gb(2x 60Gb) RAID-0, DVD-RW, GeForce Go-6800, 17" @ 1680x1050. That computer died 2 years after I owned it... Motherboard fried. Sad sad thing to happen to such a beautiful system.

My CURRENT system:
Antec 900 case, AMD Athlon X2 5600+ @ 3.01Ghz(oc), 2x GeForce 8600GTS @ 700/2100(oc) in SLI, 320Gb 7200rpm SATA, M2n SLI Delux motherboard, 4Gb Gskill DDR2 6400, DVD-RW, Liquid Cooled CPU and GPU's. Primary Display: Visio 42" Full HDTV LCD @ 720p and 1080p, Secondary: 19" wide screen @ 1440x900. 5.1 surround sound.

I was running 2 servers not long ago, but gave one of them away to a friend in need of a PC. Right now I just have an old crappy server running as my file server and web server. I need to update my website and get it back up online. When I say old crappy... I mean PII 350Mhz and 512Mb ram

That is mostly all for work though anyway. I multi task like a mad man! Should see my work setup! I have 4 computers on my desk. lol None very impressive, but I use them all.

For my non geek side.... I had a '92 Dodge Daytona V6 5spd... Got it for $1500... it was a bit messed up when I got it, so I repaired it. It was stock 140 Hp... what I did it: Replaced the springs/struts and shocks, lowered it 2", replaced the exhaust with a custom built 2.5" high flow cat and 4" Titanium tipped muffler, Accel. 140001 Supercoil ignition, Delrin solid motor mounts/trans mount, custom built cold air intake and 3" high flow cone filter, 52mm throttle body, solid trans cable links, Upper strut bar, Hypergrounding kit, Drilled/slotted break roters, and some other little things. When I say 'custom', most of those I MADE myself...thats why it was 'custom'...they didn't make many performance parts for those cars. When I was done, it had an estimated 190hp. Not bad, and I had plans to boost it.

My second car was a '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Drill/slot roters, 10.5 Splittz ignition wires, cold air intake, 56mm throttle body, swapped out the engine for a '99 model, Stainless Steel Braided break lines, solid transmition cable links, Upper front and rear + lower front and rear anti-sway bars and stabilizers, High flow cat and Gready exaust, 4-1 exhaust manifold, and several new gages, new seats, etc... I loved that car. It was a shame it was totaled. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mastrgamr™
Admin
Admin
Mastrgamr™

Guild Members
Level:
Never fear, I is here. Left_bar_bleue72/100Never fear, I is here. Empty_bar_bleue  (72/100)

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Vertigo_ wrote:
I'll give a list of my computers. My last computer was an Alienware Area51 m9700. P4 3.2Ghz w/ 1mb L2 Cache, 1Gb DDR2, 120Gb(2x 60Gb) RAID-0, DVD-RW, GeForce Go-6800, 17" @ 1680x1050. That computer died 2 years after I owned it... Motherboard fried. Sad sad thing to happen to such a beautiful system.

My CURRENT system:
Antec 900 case, AMD Athlon X2 5600+ @ 3.01Ghz(oc), 2x GeForce 8600GTS @ 700/2100(oc) in SLI, 320Gb 7200rpm SATA, M2n SLI Delux motherboard, 4Gb Gskill DDR2 6400, DVD-RW, Liquid Cooled CPU and GPU's. Primary Display: Visio 42" Full HDTV LCD @ 720p and 1080p, Secondary: 19" wide screen @ 1440x900. 5.1 surround sound.

I was running 2 servers not long ago, but gave one of them away to a friend in need of a PC. Right now I just have an old crappy server running as my file server and web server. I need to update my website and get it back up online. When I say old crappy... I mean PII 350Mhz and 512Mb ram

**Drools**..... *seizure* pale Shocked lol
Back to top Go down
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Guild Members
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:53 am

Yeah, that Alienware system was beautiful... but it had a long agonizing death. The mobo was messed up... It was a laptop, and the power circuits to the fans went out... couldn't keep it from overheating! So I fixed it sorta.... I couldn't take it anywhere anymore because it would over heat.....so I bought a liquid cooling system for a desktop...I built a frame for the hardware, and something to lift my laptop up enough to fit the cooling tubes. . .

Yes, I had a liquid cooled laptop. Ran beautiful for a few months that way! Until the mobo finally died and wouldn't even turn on. I thought about repairing it, but the motherboard alone cost $600. I still have it, I should see how much the mobo costs now. It would be worth it to repair. Sweet system.
Back to top Go down
Vashtali
Forum Posting Machine!
Forum Posting Machine!
Vashtali

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Guild Members
Level:
Never fear, I is here. Left_bar_bleue100/100Never fear, I is here. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm

mmmm baby I just love when you talk all technical like that its so sexy!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mastrgamr™
Admin
Admin
Mastrgamr™

Guild Members
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:08 pm

silent lol rabbit
Back to top Go down
BlueDiamonds

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Guild Members
Level:
Never fear, I is here. Left_bar_bleue54/100Never fear, I is here. Empty_bar_bleue  (54/100)

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Do not let any one kid you, there is a little nerd in us all, Wink
Back to top Go down
Mastrgamr™
Admin
Admin
Mastrgamr™

Guild Members
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:54 am

im a geek Shocked no nerd in me Razz geeks are cooler
Back to top Go down
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Guild Members
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:16 pm

The only difference between a nerd and a geek is that geeks have social skills. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never fear, I is here.   Never fear, I is here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Never fear, I is here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Guild :: Rappelz Guild :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: