The Forgotten Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forgotten Guild

The homepage of TheForgotten Guild!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

III. "Hierarchy"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mastrgamr™
Admin
Admin
Mastrgamr™

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Guild Members
Level:
III. "Hierarchy" Left_bar_bleue72/100III. "Hierarchy" Empty_bar_bleue  (72/100)

III. "Hierarchy" Empty
PostSubject: III. "Hierarchy"   III. "Hierarchy" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:54 pm

(I'm still thinking of whether i want to do this or not, but here it is.)

This is simple I will choose 2-3 (most likely just 2) people that I know I can trust to co-lead the guild. The purpose of this is to have the Guild running 24/7. This group of trusted officials will be known as "The Council" in the forums. When I am not on I will pass the Guild lead, and when co-leader #2 is logged of he/she will pass, etc.

Post reply on what you think of this.
Back to top Go down
https://theforgotten.darkbb.com
Vertigo_
Guild Forum Addict
Guild Forum Addict
Vertigo_

Number of posts : 220
Humor : There are 10 kinds of people, those that know binary and those that don't.
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Guild Members
Level:
III. "Hierarchy" Left_bar_bleue47/100III. "Hierarchy" Empty_bar_bleue  (47/100)

III. "Hierarchy" Empty
PostSubject: Re: III. "Hierarchy"   III. "Hierarchy" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:26 am

I think it will be hard to find people with schedules that match or overlap well enough for this to work. Other wise it could be a good idea.
Back to top Go down

III. "Hierarchy" Empty
PostSubject: Re: III. "Hierarchy"   III. "Hierarchy" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm no expert but I have run several small guilds in the past.

Rank and Authority have always been a touchy subject.

I have found that responsibility and function are a much better way of defining a guild structure. I come from a military background myself and have recently retired.

If the guild functions can be broken down and agreed upon, it is simply the nomination or volunteering of members to fill the roles that remain.

Just a few ideas are:

Council - you have already identified a need for a council to appoint and control

Recruiting - members who are familiar with the guild and its members and have a good understanding of how the game functions would make excellent recruiters

Finance - members appointed to snapping up bargains and reselling for guild profit

Social - In game events with prizes and benefits

Resources - Storage and distrubution of guild accumulated items to eligible members

Raid/DP - Planning and Coordination of guild raid/dp events

ClassMasters - Considered the senior 'Class' member/advisor for each specific class within the guild

Finally, and most importantly, defining the roles and responsibilities for all of the agreed positions is essential. This will ensure that appointed members know exactly what is expeted of them and also what others should expect from them.

I hope this helps to get members thinking about better ways to strcture the guild.

Mortasha :0)
Back to top Go down
BlueDiamonds

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Guild Members
Level:
III. "Hierarchy" Left_bar_bleue54/100III. "Hierarchy" Empty_bar_bleue  (54/100)

III. "Hierarchy" Empty
PostSubject: Re: III. "Hierarchy"   III. "Hierarchy" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:31 pm

I agree with Toarok, BUT, be careful as to who you share leadership with, Trust is very important here as well as all the responsibilities that goes with it. Also, You will be asking 2 other ppl to be on at appointed times for the turn over of leadership, this will be the tricky part, specially since real life comes before a game.
I hope that this can be worked out, because it would be to our advantage as a guild, to be able to recruit more ppl. It would be nice if the game allowed officer of some sort to assist the leader.
Back to top Go down
pistolwhipz
pistolwhipz

Number of posts : 44
Humor : The laws of time and space are like zap branaghan's love. HARD and fast!
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Guild Members
Level:
III. "Hierarchy" Left_bar_bleue22/100III. "Hierarchy" Empty_bar_bleue  (22/100)

III. "Hierarchy" Empty
PostSubject: Re: III. "Hierarchy"   III. "Hierarchy" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:02 pm

I think it is a BIG need for a Guild council and Class members for noobs (like me ) to find out which spell is worth getting...

and also like maybe like an experience calculator if thats even possible... Wink
Back to top Go down
HeartBreaker
HeartBreaker

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Guild Members
Level:
III. "Hierarchy" Left_bar_bleue53/100III. "Hierarchy" Empty_bar_bleue  (53/100)

III. "Hierarchy" Empty
PostSubject: Re: III. "Hierarchy"   III. "Hierarchy" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 8:06 pm

i think it sounds prety confusing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

III. "Hierarchy" Empty
PostSubject: Re: III. "Hierarchy"   III. "Hierarchy" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

III. "Hierarchy"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Guild :: Rules and other Info :: The Forgotten Guild Charter-
Jump to: